Oscoda vacation, what to do?

Post your thoughts, stories, memories or other points regarding the Huron River.

Moderators: Derek LeRoy, ribs1

Oscoda vacation, what to do?

Postby davem » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi,

Off topic subject, I hope it's ok to post it.

My wife and 3 kids have rented a cabin at "Barefoot Beach" in Oscoda for the week of July 4th. This will be our first time vacationing there, and I was wondering if anybody had any ideas or experience in the area. I guess I'm looking for ideas for interesting things to do when we get tired of the beach, or if the weather is disagreeable. The kids are two girls 16 and 14, and my 10 year old son (the fisherman).

I used to go steelhead fishing in the Au Sable river many years ago with my Dad, but we never did anything other than fish and eat lunch at Desi's. :)
Dave Misevich
Dexter
davem
Small Mouth Bass

Re: Oscoda vacation, what to do?

Postby Derek LeRoy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:55 am

Dave,

You can rent canoes or float tubes from Oscoda Canoe Rental www.oscodacanoe.com.
Take a drive up N River Road about 6 miles and take a paddle boat ride on the Au Sable River Queen.
Continue west on N River Road to the Limbermans Monument. There is a huge sand hill you can try to walk done to Foote Dam Pond.

In Oscoda
G's Pizzeria & Deli‎
5226 N US Highway 23 # 2
Oscoda, MI 48750-8846
(989) 739-1133

You can also drive down into East Tawas - it has the closest shopping and a movie theater.
Derek LeRoy
Discussion Board Moderator
http://www.leroyflytying.com
Derek LeRoy
Site Admin

Re: Oscoda vacation, what to do?

Postby davem » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks Derek! I leave tomorrow for a week of business in Germany then we head right up north. :)
Dave Misevich
Dexter
davem
Small Mouth Bass

Return to General Conversation