The Great Lakes 8th Fly Tiers' Symposium is the only one of its kind in the metro Detroit area that is solely dedicated to fly tying. A diverse group of talented fly tiers will be presenting their work to attendees and share their knowledge in the art of fly tying.Read More...
The Huron River Fly Fishing Club (HRFFC) is a non-profit organization and a charter club of the Federation of Fly Fishers (FFF), Inc. The primary purpose of the club is to enhance our enjoyment of the sport of fly fishing, in particular fly fishing on the Huron River. The Federation of Fly Fishers started in 1965 and is an international organization dedicated to the betterment of the sport of fly fishing through Conservation, Restoration and Education.
- To provide members with a forum for education and resource stewardship through the sport of fly fishing.
- To promote fly fishing through education as the most enjoyable and sporting method of fishing, and the method most consistent with the preservation, conservation and wise use of fishing waters and game fish
- To share the best practices and techniques of fly fishing, fly tying, casting, and other related subjects
- To be the local voice for organized fly fishers as part of the Federation, maintaining liaison with other conservation and sporting organizations, and with the governmental agencies involved in so many aspects of the sport
- To provide a forum for networking with fellow fly fishers in an atmosphere of fellowship and sportsmanship.
- Keep its members informed of developments of interest to the membership.